We are now accepting applications for our Summer 2016 program!
Links for both the student application form and the professor recommendation form are at the bottom of this page.
Program dates: The 2016 program dates are from May 31st – August 4th. Applications are due by February 16th, 2016
Please CLICK HERE to download detailed application instructions. Read these instructions carefully before beginning your application!
- Students must be U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, or U.S. permanent residents.
- Students must be enrolled as an undergraduate in a degree program (part-time or full-time) leading to a baccalaureate or associate degree during the semester following the REU program.
- High school graduates, transfer students, and students enrolled at community colleges are eligible to apply.
- International students and graduating seniors are not eligible for this program.
This program is designed for students who want to gain research experience in marine science. Students do not need to have prior experience conducting research to participate in the program.
A complete application consists of:
- Completed Application
- Unofficial college transcripts
- Two recommendation letters from professors
Questions about the application process should be emailed to UTMSI.REU@gmail.com.
STUDENTS: Click here to access the Student Application. You will need to upload an electronic copy (pdf or Word format) of your unofficial transcripts in this form.
PROFESSORS: Click here for Recommendation Form. You will need to upload an electronic copy (pdf or Word format) of your recommendation letter to this form.
Deadline for applications is February 16, 2016.
- Funding for this REU site is provided by the National Science Foundation’s Division of Ocean Sciences located in Arlington, VA. The NSF contact for this program is Lisa Rom, elrom@NSF.gov or 703-292-7709. NSF does not handle REU applications; please contact each REU site directly for application information.